Jonathan H. Bari
Jon Bari is the President of The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia.
Jon has over 24 years of professional experience in marketing, the Internet as well as tourism and hospitality industries, including over 10 years in tourism and hospitality and over 16 years working with and teaching about Internet businesses.
Jon also serves as President of Bari Consulting Group which: 1) provides expert witness and consulting services to firms on: Internet history, Internet strategies, e-commerce, advertising, social media, broadband/speed, user experience, identity theft, digital identity, online privacy and security, Internet crime, as well as strategic planning, marketing and business development; and 2) develops entrepreneurial ventures. Additionally, Jon has served as an Adjunct Professor of Business at Temple University's Fox School of Business where he has taught strategic planning on a part-time basis since Spring 2004.
Jon is the principal inventor of United States Patent Number 7,155,739 entitled, “Method and system for secure registration, storage, management and linkage of personal authentication credentials data over a network”; Jon sold his patent portfolio to VeriSign.
In 2005, Jon received the Philadelphia Business Journal's 40 Under 40 award which recognized Jon's labor of love with The Constitutional and honored "proven performers in their respective industries and communities."
Jon serves on the Board of Directors of Legacy Youth Tennis and Education (formerly Arthur Ashe Youth Tennis and Education). Jon served as Peer Chair to the Anti-Defamation League’s Glass Leadership Institute in Philadelphia. Mr. Bari also serves on the Advisory Board of Solution Media. Mr. Bari also served as a Fellow of the Irwin L. Gross eBusiness Institute at Temple’s Fox School of Business. Additionally, Mr. Bari previously served on the National Advisory Board of DoctorQuality; it was subsequently acquired by Quantros in 2003.
Previously, Jon has worked with various high profile companies in the following roles:
- Chairman & CEO - Catavault, a single sign-on security software firm which counted Time Warner Cable as its largest client.
- Vice President, Business Development - MoreCom, a cable TV software concern (acquired by Liberate Technologies for approximately $561 million)
- Director, Business Development - Time Warner's Road Runner High Speed Online (Road Runner was spun off as a separate entity after receiving hundreds of millions of dollars in equity stake investments from the likes of Compaq)
- Analyst and Business Development Consultant - Comcast Online Communications launch team (started when Comcast had 48 trial homes in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, which evolved into Comcast High-Speed Internet and the nation's largest broadband provider with over 11 million subscribers).
- Account Executive - EZ Communications/WIOQ-FM (Q102) in Philadelphia (clients included Anheuser-Busch, Coca-Cola and Tower Records)
- The William Penn Charter School
- BA, University of Pennsylvania
- MBA, Columbia Business School
Jon works and lives in Center City Philadelphia along with his wife, Leslie, their daughter, Lexi, and son, Jax.
Leslie S. Bari
Leslie Bari serves as Executive Vice President of The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia, and she has worked in marketing and public relations for 20 years in a variety of capacities.
Leslie is also a principal of Bari Consulting Group which develops entrepreneurial ventures provides management consulting services to various firms.
Previously, Leslie worked in marketing for 8 years with American Express in New York. Leslie was a Director of Account Development for the Lodging Industry where she managed the relationship with Hilton Hotels. Prior to that, Leslie oversaw various retail, entertainment and lifestyle programs for the Platinum Card and Centurion [Black] Card, including the "By Invitation Only" special events program, the Concierge program and retail partnerships with Saks Fifth Avenue and Neiman Marcus, among others. At American Express, Leslie also worked on the Delta SkyMiles Credit Card portfolio, executing loyalty marketing campaigns.
Prior to American Express, Leslie worked in marketing at Mattel in Los Angeles where she developed marketing initiatives for the launch of a new toy, and prior to Mattel, Leslie worked in public relations for Elkman Advertising and Public Relations in Philadelphia, where she developed comprehensive PR programs for clients ranging from K'NEX, the Philadelphia International Auto Show and Penn Maid Foods.
Leslie serves on the Board of Directors of the Friends of Rittenhouse Square.
- Friends Central
- BA, Tufts University
- MBA, Columbia Business School
Leslie lives in Center City Philadelphia along with her husband, Jon, their daughter, Lexi, and son, Jax.