Parking - Motorcoaches & Buses
Once the bus drivers have dropped off their group(s) at the Independence Transportation Center (located at the National Constitution Center), the bus drivers should proceed to the designated motorcoach parking facility, the Callowhill Bus Center, nearby which provides a secure, convenient and comfortable location for motorcoach drivers to wait while their groups take The Constitutional Walking Tour and explore the Independence National Historical Park area.
Directions from the Independence Transportation Center (located at the National Constitution Center) to the Callowhill Bus Center.
(Note that along the route you will see blue and white signs that says: “To Bus Parking”)
- Exit the Independence Transportation Center and make a left turn.
- Stay in the right lane and follow the sign for “5th Street North.” Proceed North into the underpath thru-way.
- At the light, continue heading North on 5th Street.
- Make a right turn onto Spring Garden Street.
- Make a right turn onto 2nd Street.
- Make a left onto Callowhill Street, and after the underpass, the Callowhill Bus Center will be on the right.
- Make a right turn into the Callowhill Bus Center.
Approximate Distance: 1.1 miles
Directions from the Callowhill Bus Center to the Independence Transportation Center (located at the National Constitution Center).
(Note that along the route you will see blue and white signs that says: “To Bus Parking” or “To INHP Transportation Center”)
- Make a right turn out of the Callowhill Bus Center.
- Make a left onto Christopher Columbus Boulevard (formerly known as Delaware Avenue).
- Make a left at the 1st light onto Spring Garden Street.
- Proceed West on Spring Garden Street to 6th Street.
- Make a left onto 6th Street and proceed South.
- After driving under 2 underpasses, follow the sign for Penn's Landing (center lane) and make a left onto Race Street.
- Make a right into the Independence Transportation Center (immediately after the entrance to the National Constitution Center garage, and just before the traffic light at 5th Street).
Approximate Distance: 1.5 miles
Frequently Asked Questions - Independence Transportation Center & Callowhill Bus Center Parking Facility
Question. How long can the motorcoaches stay at the Independence Transportation Center area?
Answer. Motorcoaches will be allowed to remain in the area for 10-15 minutes to load or unload passengers, depending on the volume of traffic. Hours of operation for the ITC will be 9:00AM – 5:00PM. After dropping off their groups, the drivers will then be directed to the designated Callowhill Bus Center parking facility located on Callowhill Street between Front & 2nd Streets, where they will be allowed to park for the day or overnight. This brand new facility has 40 spots for motorcoach parking.
Question. Is there a fee for motorcoaches to park?
Answer. Yes, the cost for parking for the day will be $20.00 and will be collected upon entry to the ITC drop-off location. Overnight parking is available for $30.00. Motorcoach drivers will have full use of the new air conditioned facilities, which feature bathrooms and showers, televisions, sleeping lounges and vending machines. They will also be given coupons for local restaurants and family entertainment venues.
Question. Where do I pay?
Answer. Parking fees during the day will be collected at the ITC drop-off location or at the Callowhill Bus Center parking facility. For evening or overnight motorcoach parking, fees will be collected at the Callowhill Bus Center parking facility. Reservations for evening hours and overnight parking can be made before 5:00PM by calling 215-925-3706.
Question. Will motorcoaches have "in and out privileges" to the Callowhill Bus Center parking facility once they have paid?
Answer. Yes, motorcoaches can come and go to the Callowhill Bus Center parking facility after they have paid for parking. Motorcoaches will receive a receipt upon entry that should be displayed on their windshield.
Question. Who oversees the Callowhill Bus Center parking facility?
Answer. The operator of the bus parking facility is DLC Management Inc.
Question. Where can bus drivers eat near the Callowhill Bus Center?
Answer. There are many eating establishments located within a short walking or driving distance (i.e., under 3 miles) of the Callowhill Bus Center on Callowhill Street between 2nd Street and Columbus Boulevard. For the "Bus Driver's Survival Guide – Cheap Eats & More", please click here.