About Us - Jobs
The Constitutional Guided Walking Tour Team Celebrating Its Inaugural Season
The Constitutional Guided Walking Tour Team Having Fun on Segway Human Transporters Taking The I Glide Tour of Fairmount Park
Position: Tour Guide
Come experience why The Constitutional's Tour Guides have said that "This was my best summer job ever!"
Job Function: Hospitality, Customer Service, Performing, Sales
Tour Guide Duties:
- Conduct comprehensive guided walking tours of historic Philadelphia in the Independence National Historical Park area.
- Lead groups of approximately 25-35 tourists on several walking tours throughout the day.
- Escort groups on 60-90 minute tour of approximately 15 historic sites, following a script that provides information and interesting tidbits on Philadelphia's history.
- Promote and sell tour tickets to visitors in the historic area.
- Perform administrative tasks for The Constitutional and its management
Additional Details and Qualifications:
- High energy, friendly and outgoing
- Strong communication skills and the ability to speak effectively and confidently in front of an audience
- Ability to interact comfortably with people with diverse backgrounds and interests
- Ability to effectively retain large amounts of detailed information and communicate this information to tourists in a manner that is both engaging and entertaining (we will provide a detailed script and training through our Independence Immersion training program)
- Previous public speaking, acting, customer service and/or sales experience a plus
- Enthusiastic history buff and Philadelphia promoter
- Willing to spend a lot of time outdoors, especially in the hot and humid summer days
- Foreign languages a plus (i.e., French, Spanish, Japanese, German, Italian, etc.)
- Must be willing to work on weekends and holidays (i.e., Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day) through the summer
- Must be able to work for minimum of 20 hours per week
- Ideal for students starting their junior or senior year in college or recent graduates, specifically for Philadelphia area college and grad students who can work full-time in the spring and summer and who can continue part-time through the school year (Fall and Winter)
- You will be required to have a functioning mobile phone at all times when you are working for us with which we will communicate with you and your fellow tour guides and staff will communicate with you.
- You are required to have Internet access and check your email at least once per day in the evening so that we can communicate with you effectively and efficiently as to scheduling and the like.
- Must complete and pass background check.
Compensation: Consists of competitive hourly wages.
Please email us a cover letter and resume describing why
you would like to work with us and how you will add to the
team. Send your information to:
The Constitutional Guided Walking Tours LLC is an equal opportunity employer.