Casting Call for Tour Guides
- Each spring we hold a Casting Call to hire new tour guides, usually in February or March. Please like our Facebook page for updates on when we will be holding our next casting call.
- Bring Resume, Cover Letter and Head Shot
- Please fill out the Availability Sheet and bring it with you
Position: Tour Guide
Come experience why The Constitutional's Tour Guides have said that "This was my best part-time job ever!"
Mke history with us and join an elite cast. Tour guide alumni from The Constitutional Walking Tour have "graduated" to make their own history at Ivy League law schools, medical schools, in Off-Broadway plays, in major motion pictures, in TV commercials, in education, in business in entrepreneurial ventures, in marketing and social media, etc.
Job Function: Hospitality, Customer Service, Performing, Sales
Tour Guide Duties:
- Conduct comprehensive guided walking tours of Historic Philadelphia in the Independence National Historical Park area.
- Lead groups of up to 45 people on several walking tours throughout the day.
- Escort groups on 60-90 minute tour of more than 20 historic sites, following a script that provides detailed information and interesting tidbits on Philadelphia's history.
- Promote and sell tour tickets to visitors in the historic area.
- Perform administrative tasks for The Constitutional and its management
The Constitutional Walking Tour Team Celebrating Its Inaugural Season
The Constitutional Walking Tour Team Having Fun on Segway Human Transporters Taking The I Glide Tour of Fairmount Park
Additional Details and Qualifications:
- High energy, friendly and outgoing
- Strong communication skills and the ability to speak effectively and confidently in front of an audience
- Ability to interact comfortably with people with diverse backgrounds and interests
- Ability to effectively retain large amounts of detailed information and communicate this information to tourists in a manner that is both engaging and entertaining (we will provide a detailed script and training through our Independence Immersion training program)
- Previous public speaking, acting, customer service and/or sales experience a plus
- Enthusiastic history buff and Philadelphia promoter
- Willing to spend a lot of time outdoors, in all weather conditions
- Foreign languages a plus (i.e., French, Spanish, Japanese, German, Italian, etc.)
- Must be willing to work on weekends and holidays (i.e., Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day) through the year
- Must be able to work for minimum of 20 hours per week
- Ideal for students college students or recent graduates, specifically for Philadelphia area college and grad students who can work up to full-time in the Spring -Fall and who can continue part-time through the school year (Fall and Winter)
- You will be required to have a functioning mobile phone at all times when you are working for us with which we will communicate with you and your fellow tour guides and staff will communicate with you.
- You are required to have Internet access and check your email at least once per day in the evening so that we can communicate with you effectively and efficiently as to scheduling and the like.
- Must complete and pass background check.
Compensation: Consists of competitive hourly wages.
From time to time, The Constitutional holds open Casting Calls for new tour guides. Information on the date, time and location of the Casting Calls will be posted here.
If you have missed our casting call, and would like to apply, please email us a cover letter and resume describing why you would like to work with us and how you will add to the team. info@TheConstitutional.com
The Constitutional Walking Tour is an equal opportunity employer.