By the Numbers
60 Second Briefing
|The Constitutional’s |
|Number of |
|Time to |
|The Constitutional Self-Guided Tour||33+||3.25 miles||3-4 hours|
|The Constitutional Virtual Field Trip||33||N/A||1-2 hours|
|The Constitutional Guided Tour||20+||1.25 miles||75 minutes|
|The Constitutional Audio Tour||20+||1.25 miles||75 minutes|
- 1,000,000 - Number of Historic Site Visits in the Independence National Historical Park area generated by The Constitutional. This is especially significant in terms of helping visitors see historic sites beyond the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall.
- 131,000 - Number of unique visitors who took The Constitutional Walking Tour of Philadelphia in 2005.
- 450,000 - Number of unique visitors who have taken The Constitutional Walking Tour since 2003.
- $11,500,000.00 - Local economic impact in 2005 generated by visitors taking The Constitutional Walking Tour.
- 19 - The Constitutional Walking Tour’s ranking in the list of “Top 25 Tourist Attractions” in 2004, 2005 and 2006, according to the Philadelphia Business Journal.
- 50 - Number of states in the USA from which that The Constitutional has hosted visitors.
- 50 - Number of foreign countries from which visitors have taken The Constitutional Walking Tour.
- 14 - Number of languages that The Constitutional Walking Tour has available online for its free self-guided tour: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Russian, and Spanish.
- 1st - The Constitutional Cell Phone Tour was the first cell phone tour of Philadelphia.
- 1st - As of 2006, The Constitutional Audio Tour is the 1st and only audio walking tour of Historic Philadelphia available on iTunes.
- 23 - The number of Philadelphia Firsts that you learn on The Constitutional. As the birthplace of America, Philadelphia can lay claim to many "firsts," including the first Public Library, the first Volunteer Fire Department and the first Hospital in America. You can get to know these and other Philadelphia Firsts when you take The Constitutional Walking Tour. Whether this is your first visit to Philadelphia or your 101st visit, there are so many things to discover in Philadelphia. Did you know that Philadelphia had all of these firsts?
- 4,400 - Average number of footsteps required to walk The Constitutional Guided Tour route (assuming 3,520 foot steps per mile).
- 5,000 - Number of pounds of paper of walking tour brochures that The Constitutional Walking Tour distributes on average each year. The Constitutional's brochure is the most popular brochure in terms of requests and use at the Independence Visitor Center according to CTM Brochure Display and the Visitor Center concierge desk requests.
- 53.1 MB - Size of The Constitutional Audio Tour files.
- 40 - Percentage of the U.S. population that is within a day's drive of Philadelphia which is at the center of the Northeast Corridor between Washington, D.C. and New York.
Note: These statistics are arrived at using best estimates and some outside research sources. Attendance figures are an approximation using best efforts statistical analyses as to visitors who have taken any one The Constitutional's various tours, in part or whole.